Home

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Book Review: The Ghost of Blackwood Hall by Carolyn Keene

The Ghost of Blackwood Hall (Nancy Drew, #25)The Ghost of Blackwood Hall by Carolyn Keene
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was really confusing to me. Because we were in New Orleans, then we were this place and that place, and this whole entire book was about a scam. A true blue, out-in-the-woods scam. With ghosts and people using a ranch as a way to get people to pay, this book was just...too confusing for me to put down. I thought it was going to be a great mystery, but I felt let down with all this jumping up and down Nancy and her friends do all the time and not even thinking about the consequences.

The only thing I liked about this book is the father-daughter relationship Nancy has with her daddy. Other than that...that's all I liked about it. The rest of the book felt like one huge rollercoaster without anyone stopping the ride until we're done with it. When I figured it all out, it was a letdown for me. I might give Nancy Drew another shot later on down the road, but until then, I think I'll leave this one alone until I feel ready to pick up another Nancy Drew book and see if I like it or not.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment