Home

Monday, November 13, 2023

Book Review: The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my second Snow White retelling that I've read, and I have to say, I've really enjoyed it, I really liked the journey Lorelei goes through to get rid of the evil queen and also care about the people that are along with her for this journey. There was some romance in the book, but to be very honest, I didn't care about it. But there were dragons in this book, so that was the good thing about it.

Irina was honestly the best villain that I've ever read. I loved how you get to see her plot and try to get her away, and each time Lorelai stops her or foils her plans, she gets really upset and tries something else, in which Lorelai stops her, again and again. The things Irina does in the book are twisted and sick, but at the same time, it was cool. I also liked how she tried to use the love interest, Kol, to kill the princess, but even though it kinda works at the end and Lorelai kinda pulls a Gojo when he's killing her, I still loved how Irina tried to be one step in front of everyone and try to get her target. That is something in Villian that I really like.

Even though the dragons weren't in the books that much, I feel like they need a good little shout-out. I loved that there was a continent/Kingdom for the dragons, and I also loved how they could shift and use their magic to stop Irina and save their King. But I think what I really liked while I was reading this book was Kol's backstory and how he became King. I found that I liked that in a character and that I want to read more of them, possibly in the near future when it's written just like this.

I really enjoyed it, would read it again because it was that dang good of a Fairy Tale retelling.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment