Home

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Book Review: Murder, She Wrote: Aloha Betrayed by Jessica Fletcher

Aloha Betrayed (Murder, She Wrote, #41)Aloha Betrayed by Jessica Fletcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Aloha Betrayed was a really good book. We follow Jessica Fletcher as she goes to Maui to teach a class with retired detective Mike Kane. She meets a botanist professor named Mala Kapule, and she invites Jessica to a luau, where Jessica overhears two men talking about something-maybe Mala? But then the next morning, Mala is found dead, and just like the show, that's how this book kicks off.

I liked how Jessica and Mike teamed up to find out who killed Mala, and I also liked the Hawaiian sayings at the beginning of the chapters as we go around the island to find out who killed Mala. It felt like an old-school episode of Murder, She Wrote, and I loved how both Jessica and Mike figured out who did it. I felt like I was there with them, trying to figure out who did it with them. The one thing that confused me while I was reading this book was the whole Bob and Elaine side story. Elaine kept saying 'Oh Bob' while Bob just says and does the most random thing ever, and then they move on as if this couple was working out their problems while on their trip to Maui.

Abbott and his wife kinda didn't make any sense until the end. I was shocked that it was Mrs. Luzon that killed Mala-I thought it was something totally different that killed her like Jessica thought-but thanks to a little boy who saw something and was kept quiet about it, that's when Jessica knew that something was off. When the boy, Kono, runs away from home, Jessica and the other townspeople try and find him, and the part I liked about this was the fact that Aunt Edie, Mala's Auntie, started to pray to Uli, and Jessica was confused at first about it, but when the boy was found, unharmed because of the cane stalk fires, all of us was relieved.

The ending with Professor Luzon and his wife shocked me the most, mostly because she snapped after all these years of getting mentally abused while Professor Luzon went after every pretty girl he saw. When she finally snapped, though, I felt like Professor Luzon deserved it. It was just odd and weird, and was very unexpected.

I would love to read more in the written books of Murder, She Wrote while watching the show at the same time, this one was a really good one.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment