Home

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Book Review: The Witch Hunter by Virgina Boecker

The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again, I've read a book that deals with a character's journey and not caring about the romance or the plot or the action. Reading Elizabeth Grey's journey, from being a witch hunter to being on ex-witch hunter on the run with her enemies, the witches, and warlocks that she would be hunting down and putting to jail...if she didn't find out that the person she thought wasn't a warlock, Blackwell, was actually a wizard and betrayed her by sentencing her to death and throwing her in jail.

She's rescued by an infamous wizard named Nicholas. At first, she couldn't trust him. But the more she's around his home and his people, even though she tries to hide what she really is, she decides to help him find the tablet that can save him and maybe the kingdom. But at the end, she faces her fear, falls in love with a healer named John, and also works with a revenant named Schyuler to find the tablet and destroy it. But what she didn't count on was Blackwell stabbing John and revealing that he was going to usurp the crown...like why, bro. But why???

I am excited to read the second book in the series, but this one was kinda fun, and I hope that the journey continues for Elizabeth, because I felt like there were questions that were left unanswered and I wanted this book to answer them. I did get worried about Elizabeth a tiny bit when she goes into dark places that scare her, but I liked how she overcomes them and makes sure that she finds a way out of these scary situations and comes up with ideas to stop them or get into more trouble with everyone. I cannot wait to jump into book two and see how this series end.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment