Home

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Book Review: Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #18)Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Death on the Nile was quite interesting. The first chapter when you open the book was broken up into many mini chapters and I got so confused as to why Agatha Christie chose to write the book like this. But then as I read on, from England to a hotel in Egypt to the Nile to the boat and as to why someone would shoot Linnet in the head like that, this book was a ride I was glad to be on, because I was trying to figure out who did kill Linnet Ridgeway. I thought it was her friend Jacqueline-I was spot on-but the whole twist as to why she was killed and why Jacqueline was stalking both Linnet and Simon. Was it because of jealousy? Was it all a plan to get all of Linnet's money so they could do whatever they wanted with it? Was Jacqueline that money-hungry as my mama would say, and wanted all of Linnet's money? Or was it revenge for stealing Simon away from her?

Simon's part of the whole thing confused me. I thought he was faithful to his wife, only to turn around and plan this whole thing, which doesn't make any sense at all. I thought he was happy with Linnet and was glad to marry her. But to surprise me and lie about it, all because of Jacqueline??? Sir. Really?? To me, Simon was one shady bitch throughout this book and I thought to keep an eye on him the whole entire time while I was trying to keep an eye on Jacqueline.

The whole scene in the drawing room, with Jacqueline making a huge fuss and acting weird--to the point that she wanted to shoot Simon to make him pay for leaving her....it didn't make sense. At all. It was one huge weird scene that just threw me off while trying to figure it all out. But then it broke off into some weird 'I saw her do this' and 'he did that' and it didn't make any sense at all. But for some reason....it compelled me though.

The ending was...not that satisfying. I didn't like how both Jacqueline and Simon just died like that, which was sad in my opinion. I thought, 'oh they'll get arrested and go to jail, good for us' but nope, didn't end that way. I'm sad about that part, though, because I felt like Linnet didn't get any justice for what happened to her after we find out it was both Simon and Jacqueline that killed her.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment