Home

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Book Review: Wicked Beauty by Katee Robert

Wicked Beauty (Dark Olympus, #3)Wicked Beauty by Katee Robert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once again, Katee Robert hit it out of the park with this one. Helen/Achilles/Patroclus as a triad while they compete to be the next Ares? Say less. I was confused as to how this was going to work, the triad, but the more I read it and saw how Achilles and Patroclus work with Helen, even though it was Achilles himself who told Patroclus not to speak or even touch Helen, but somehow someway it worked. Some things were touching and stuff I didn't think would work but my god it did work.

Helen has become one of my favorite heroines in the series so far. Yes, she lived a luxurious life in the spotlight, but she got tired of it. So what does one Helen Kaisos do so she can be her own person? Signs up to be one of the champions so she can become Ares. During the competition, Achilles & big bro Zeus were trying to get her to go back home, saying that she doesn't have the balls to become Ares. But Helen said fuck that and she went on anyway, even though on the side she was doing....many lovely things with Achilles and Patroclus.

When I say "many lovely things" I MEAN "many lovely things I wish I could mention that it even made ME blush." But I did enjoy them to the point that no, I didn't imagine those lovely things, I swear I didn't (dear reader, I totally did).

The competition aspect of the book was one I *shockingly* liked. Even though Paris, the little shit, tried to get under Helen's skin, seeing Theseus and the Minotaur competing to become the next Ares was really fun to read as well. I liked seeing how Helen, Achilles and Patroclus worked together to get through the competition, but before Achilles could even become Ares, he even tasted it...well, an arrow went through his Achilles' Heel, and Helen became Ares.

Was Zeus upset? Yeah. But he could get over it.

Now there's a female Ares, trouble is coming to Olympus, and I need to know what's going to happen. This was a well done written book and I loved every bit of it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment