Home

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Book Review: House of Hunger by Alexis Henderson

House of HungerHouse of Hunger by Alexis Henderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was very gay, but in a good, bloody way.

I wasn't even ready for wlw, passion, and danger when I finally picked this book up--and I was not disappointed. Every bit about this book was so good that I wanted more. I wondered once I was done with the book if Marion and the girls were okay, if someone rebuilt House of Hunger and made it different, did anyone finally find the body of Lisavet??? These questions left me wondering once I was done with the book because it was so good. Marion became one of my favorite characters, and watching her navigate the world of the House of Hunger and try to be herself simultaneously.

The mystery aspect behind it was pretty interesting. I wasn't expecting it, to be honest. I thought Ceceila did move on to an asylum to get better, but instead, it turns out that she was in a cage, and she was called the Wretched, and Lisavet has been draining her, sapping her of her beauty and her life and everything.

When Marion found out what Lisavet did to Cecelia/The Wretched, she decided that it was time to go. That's when she started snooping around, and it turns out the girls that were at the House of Hunger were let go very early and were never paid their pension. So what secret was Lisavet hiding from her and the other girls? And once she found out, oh my gosh...it was very painful and also a very good ending.

The fight between Marion and Lisavet felt painful and deadly, and you would think that almost to the end, Marion was going to die by Lisavet's hand. But somehow she fought back, even gave her a deadly kiss, before she killed her and the girls were able to get free.

This might be on my favorite list of 2024, nay, the top 10 books of 2024, because it was that good.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment