Home

Friday, April 26, 2024

Book Review: The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore

The Silent Blade (Forgotten Realms: Paths of Darkness, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #11)The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book took me a while to read, but I enjoyed myself. Even though it flipped between three POVs, which I liked, I liked how we got into the heads of the characters and saw how they feel as they go through their journey. From going to destroy Crenshinibon to fighting demons that cannot be seen, to overcoming Pashas and kinda going into a war with them, reading this book was actually pretty fun. My favorite POV was Drizzt, as usual. But oddly, I liked Artemis Entereri's more.

Artemis came back to Calimport and all of a sudden, all of the thieves' in the thieves' guild were on alert and wonder why Artemis Entereri has suddenly come back--it is because he wants to become the next Pasha? Does he want his title back, the King of Assassins? No one knows why the famous assassin came back home, but they know that whatever he wants, they aren't going to give it to him. So they devise a plan to try and kill him, even kelp-wall him. But Artemis went along with it, even getting some surprising help from the drow and leader of the Bregan D'arethe, Jarlaxle, who helps him take over Calimport and also get rid of the people who didn't do anything or help him. I was also shocked to see that the halflings helped him too (well one halfling-Dwahvel, whom I really liked as Artemis's friend.)

Wulfgar's POV was dark af. After coming back to life and free from Errtu's grasp, Wulfgar still isn't himself, and even when he goes on this journey to give Crenshinibon to Cadderly, he finds himself not really feeling it. After he accidentally punches Catti-Brie after a night of passion because of what happened to him in Errtu's plane, he leaves and goes to Luksan, where he becomes a bouncer for a tavern and also fall in love with one of the barmaids. He spends his nights being with Delly and then drinks the night away, and honestly, I can't think of a simple way to live your life. Also he went to face the shaman that turned the chieftan's son into a spirit, and he got his revenge, but it felt empty, hollow.

As for Drizzt, Cattie-Brie, Bruenor and Regis, they are trying to get to Cadderly's place so they can give him the evil crystal shard, but it feels like everyone and their mama is drawn to the crystal, and they were trying to get to Cadderly fast, until they came across Jarlaxle in the Crystal Tower. Trapping Drizzt in the Tower, Jarlaxle comes up with a plan to get Artemis back to the way he was: a simple fight, just the two of them, to see who won.

Before I went 'R.A. when I see you R.A." for what he did to Drizzt (I was so angry when I read that), I was glad at the end, when he was brought back to life. That honestly scared me, and now that Drizzt is back to life, I am wondering what happened to the Crystal Shard/Crenshinibon, the four friends are wondering if they should go and find Wulfgar, who's living his best life where he is right now.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment