Home

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Book Review: Twin Consequences of that Night by Pippa Roscoe

Twin Consequences of That Night (Harlequin Presents, 4188)Twin Consequences of That Night by Pippa Roscoe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was kind of terrified to read this book, mostly because the last time I tried to read a Harlequin Presents novel, it didn't go well. But when it comes to this book, I enjoyed this one. I loved reading about Nate and Gabi falling in love again for the kids, Ana and Antonio. I felt like we were seeing these two characters that were torn after their one-night stand and then coming back together and working on their marriage of convenience to falling right back in love with each other, even helping each other out with their problems.

My favorite character has to be Gabrielle. She's strong, tough, and cares about her kids, but at the same time thanks to her mother, she has trust issues that stem from her mother teaching her how not to trust people. She was sent to Nate to seduce him, and even though they did, at the end, her mother called her a whore (to her face, which sucks) and once she found out she was pregnant, she moved out of her mother's house, and her brother, Javier, helped her move on so she can think about her kids and put their needs first and not putting what she wants to do. When Nate came in the picture, she laid out the ground rules for their marriage:

1. They must tell the truth to each other, no matter what it is.
2. They must be together until the kids are twenty-one years of age

Those were the rules, and they followed them to the T-well, until Nate hid his illness from Gabi. She started to have terrible thoughts about what he was up to, and when she got that phone call from Hope that Nate was well, she was so confused and kicked him out of the house. Nate was confused about why she was kicking him out, and even the kids noticed that their Papa wasn't there, Ana cried and wanted him, while Antonio was silent and didn't want to add to his sister's pain. When Nate finally explained-to the whole world at the court case against her mother, Renata Casas, she understood and they have been together ever since, since I was glad about.

Another part I liked about this book was when Antonio had that UTI scare. I liked how the both of them came together and took him to the best hospital to make sure he was alright, and Nate didn't even move and kept gently touching Gabi and even looking over her every once in a while.

This book surprised me in a lot of ways, and I'm glad that I read it, and now I wanna try more books by this author.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment