Home

Friday, April 26, 2024

Book Review: Heart of the Sun Warrior by Sue Lynn Tan

Heart of the Sun Warrior (The Celestial Kingdom Duology, #2)Heart of the Sun Warrior by Sue Lynn Tan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A beautiful ending to a beautiful duology. Heart of the Sun Warrior not only hurt my feelings and my soul, but it brought this lovely series to a close. I read Daughter of the Moon Goddess at the beginning of the year, to remind myself what happened before getting to the book, and I wasn't disappointed at all with this book. It broke my heart, made me cry a little bit (in a good way!) and it also shocked me, because it had a love triangle, and I thought she was going to choose the first one, but after she realized who she really loved, that's when she wanted the other one...until he died.

Now Liwei...I thought he was going to be it. He was handsome, the Crown Prince, and pretty much did everything to help her without asking, but she couldn't picture herself sitting there on the throne next to him as the Celestial Empress, fighting for power and trying to be the best Empress she can be. She didn't want to hurt Liwei like that, so she chose Wenzhi, who I really didn't like at all at first, even in the first book, he started to look funny, making me giving him a side-eye. So I wasn't a huge fan of him at first. But in this book, I hated him in the beginning like I thought, but then he started to look appealing as he too started doing things for Xingyin and making sure she's alright, that she, after everything that happened between them, she realized that she loved him.

The small romance of Houyi and Chang'e was so cute. I was gushing when they got back together and he apologized for leaving her and even getting mad at her for taking the elixr. When he protects her it is so cute, even giving her a rabbit because she thought she was lonely awe :) Houyi was so cute and adorable, and seeing Chang'e happy when she got her husband back was so cute.

But everything else hurt my soul. I cried, and gasped, hating Wugong altogether and wished that he was dead, even going so far as to taking the throne and imprisioning the Celestial Emperor. I cannot believe that even the Celestial Empress got into the fight, but she died, which was sad, but at least she died a hero. But I'm also mad at the Celestal Empress who gave Xingyin that ultimatum when they met up. I still a little upset that she kept it, but then once it was broken, I also kinda wish that Xingyin got with Liwei, even though she carried on with the pact with his mama, but even though she chose Wenzhi in the end, I'm glad that they are still friends after all of this.

I really did enjoy this book and I would read this duology all over again.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment