Home

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Book Review: Four Aunties and a Wedding by Jesse Q. Sutanto

Four Aunties and a Wedding (Aunties, #2)Four Aunties and a Wedding by Jesse Q. Sutanto
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book two was even funnier than book one, and I loved every bit of it. Meddy and her Aunties trying to stop a murder during her wedding was downright hilarious. I felt that feeling that my own aunties would pull the funniest stuff to make sure a murder never happened at my wedding. I kept laughing at the Aunties trying to fit into England, speaking the English slang, and then switching back to their English and being themselves was honestly so much fun that I really enjoyed it. Even though Nathan was just there and tried to enjoy himself at the wedding, I still loved him all the same and I am glad that Meddy and Nathan are now a married couple.

The antics that the Aunties did throughout the book cracked me up so much. I couldn't stop laughing as they tried to be a mafia family, even though that failed immediately when everything was revealed, and that the wedding people they hired for Meddy and Nathan's wedding was trying to get them for what they did in the first book to Ah Guan. But still, the antics were so funny, including them trying British slang and almost fighting one other. It was funny to read, and I enjoyed myself while I was reading this.

Even though the romance was barely there, I did like reading about the Chinese-Indonesian culture and how the Aunties were truthful to each other, and even though half of the high jinks made me laugh, and Meddy trying her hardest to get everything under control and trying not to crack under pressure when she was getting married, I found it really cute and funny and I enjoyed myself reading this book. I feel like Jesse Q. Suntanto is going to be a auto-buy author because this one was so good, and Nathan was just there and was worried about what was going on, and why was Meddy and her family acting all weird during the wedding.

The whole story taking place during a wedding was actually pretty damn good. I thought it was going to be quick, but instead it took place during a wedding. In England. I loved and enjoyed every bit of it and I need to read the next book, please and thank you.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment