Home

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Book Review: Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston

Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH MY GOD. Amari Peters, why weren't you around in my CHILDHOOD?!

I LOVED this book. This book FLOORED me when I picked it up and read it. I wasn't expecting to love this book because I thought it was going to be like any other middle grade, but NO. It wasn't. In fact, one of my students actually picked up this book and said "Hey, this girl looks like me!" and I was proud of myself, that I could bring this book to work and one of my kids saying that one of the characters looked just like her. Anyway, Amari and the Night Brothers was written so well, that I instantly checked out book two from my library so I can read it once I'm gone with this one.

Amari and the Night Brothers is about a girl named Amari Peters, who is trying to find her brother, Quinton, who has suddenly disappeared. After receiving a gift from her brother in the form of a suitcase, she is opened to a world filled with Supernatural things she thought didn't exist until now. She goes and befriends a weredragon named Elsie who is super smart, and a boy named Dylan van Helsing. When it was time to prove that she has some kind of powers or abilities, it turns out that Amari is a magician, and with all the attacks by magicians and hybrids are happening all over the world, everyone is either scared of her or don't trust her. But it turns out that Amari is an illusionist, and seeing her learn how to use her magic for good and not for bad is a really good thing.

Every time Lara Van Helsing appeared, I immediately didn't like her. She kept bullying Amari, which had gotten out of hand that I'm glad Amari fought back. Even Director Van Helsing kept wanting her to fail, but she didn't. She kept proving her wrong, even asking if she can use her magic during one of the trials so she can get the plant thing. But the ENDING.

OMG THE ENDING.

THAT BETRAYAL?? Wasn't expecting it. It was so out of left field for me, and I wasn't expecting it or didn't see it. and to learn that Moreau was going to use Maria and Quinton for a spell to bring back his partner??? What??? Shame. But for Dylan to do that....mouth is still on the floor. But I'm glad that Quinton and Maria are alright, and now I need to know what happens next in the second book.

I just need everyone to read this book, please and thank you because I LOVED IT so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment