Home

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Book Review: That Time I Got Drunk And Saved A Demon by Kimberly Lemming

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon (Mead Mishaps, #1)That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If I can summarize this book, I would say that this book is like if the song "Demons Are A Girl's Best Friend" by Powerwolf slammed together with a funny, laugh-out-loud book, then this book is for you. I enjoyed this book so much that I have a feeling that I'm going to reread this book all over again because it didn't take me long to read, and I really enjoyed reading about Cinnamon and Fallon.

I liked the adventure Cinnamon and Fallon went on, even though she didn't want to go at first. She kept saying "nope", but then as she got better and stronger, that's when she started to gain confidence in herself. Even when she started to fall in love with Fallon when she didn't mean to, coming up with so many excuses when in reality she did want him, but she tried to resist him, even when he turned into a huge Shadow Dragon and nearly burned a whole city down, but he didn't, thank god. The part I liked was when she saved Felix the werewolf and Ambrose the Yuan-Ti snake man from that horrible man who wanted to skin them for their pelts, which was very terrible, but I liked how the author handled that situation.

The second thing that I liked about this book was the many monsters that appeared in the book, which were almost a lot. Meeting orcs that didn't want to tear your face off, the two different dragons that were very different but one was controlled by the evil lich, and also I liked how there was no animosity when they came together after what happened in the city of Wandermere. It was like everyone came together and hung out on the boat.

Even though I only read this book for the comedy and the adventure, and the romance and the spice are down on the list of things I would love about this book, the romance and the spice is up there, because good lord I loved every bit of it. Even though it was a little fast and I got worried that it was going to get bad, instead the flow of how Fallon and Cinnamon fell in love, even when he called her "Rabbit" or "Little Rabbit", I still enjoyed it and the spice was just perfect for me-not to little and not too much.

I would read this book all over again for the very first time because it was *that* good.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment