Home

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Book Review: Galatea by Madeline Miller

GalateaGalatea by Madeline Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story was a sad one. I originally gave it a three-star, but after thinking about it, gave it a four-star. This story broke my heart in many ways, mostly because I felt like those doctors and nurses and her husband treated her like an invalid and a sex toy, and never gave into her wishes, like wanting to go for a walk, wanting to go see her daughter, actually getting pregnant and being happy about it. But it's like they wanted her to be some kind of living, breathing doll, only for her husband to have around the house, and that made me so sad. I'm glad that she got out of the house and into the sea and also visited her daughter, but good lord, she wants to go out and have some fun for once in her life, not stuck in the house like some invalid or someone who really wants to stick around and do nothing. I really enjoyed this one, but this one broke my heart so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment