Home

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Book Review: Amari and the Great Gamer by B.B. Alston

Amari and the Great Game (Supernatural Investigations, #2)Amari and the Great Game by B.B. Alston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you're wondering if I'm okay after reading this...NOT. REALLY.

B.B. Alston did an amazing job with this world, and jumping back in didn't take me long to do. There were so many shocking things that happened in this book-like Amari teaming up with Lara, this Great Game that nearly made my heart drop, Dylan Van Helsing doing the most to make sure Amari doesn't get the Crown, and then the whole attack against the Supernatural World and how one person, a faun with the ability to control people--which is terrible, btw--but other than that, I enjoyed the book that I cannot wait for the next book.

The ending was the one that shocked me the most, mostly because her brother finally woke up after two books. I thought he wasn't going to wake up after what happened to him, but then I remembered what happened during the last game between Dylan and Amari, and how Amari used one of Dylan's spells to make him good again, but after he did that, that's when things went to hell and Dylan went back to being eeevil, which hurts my soul but in a good way, and then Elsie finally turning into a dragon was SO COOL.

The shadow thing that bounced all around Lara's room was pretty funny, but when Jayden talked it down and gave it a cool nickname, I was both shocked and very proud of him for showing off his skill, which is talking to animals and stuff, actually be helpful. But how Amari found out what happened during the congress meeting was pretty interesting and I want to know more.

I think one my favorite parts of this book was how B.B. Alston uses supernatural creatures and spins them in his own way, like the thing with the wraiths. They are very interesting and I really like how they are trying to make a way into this world. I'm glad that I read this book and now I'm ready for book three, because I really need to know how all of this ends and how Amari does things with and without her magic, and how her brother Quinton fits into all of this and how he's going to help her save the world from Director Harlowe (whom I really don't like).

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment