Home

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Book Review: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation volume 3 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 3Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 3 by Mò Xiāng Tóng Xiù
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading this book and having SO MANY FLASHBACKS to The Untamed and going "oh no" with each page, knowing where this was going and how painful it was going to be. I almost cried at certain parts, and laughed at some parts. I even cheered when Yangli stood up to that guy whose name I've already forgotten because I hate his bloody guts.

And Wei Ying...poor Wei Ying...everyone hating him for what he did, and then everyone turning their backs on him because of what he did...ow. I felt sorry for him. Even when he and Lan Zhan met up again I just couldn't help but repeat the lines, Wei Wuxian!, Lan Wanji. Like it was like he said his name so calmly instead of shouting it like he did it in the book...ow my heart.

Reading how Wei Wuxian turned into the Yiling Patriarch almost made me cry, but also FUCK Wen Chao, and I'm glad he got what he deserves. Because I'm imagining what Wei Ying went through to start the Demonic Cultivation path...god that hurt. But now I cannot wait for the next volumes because I know they're going to be good, and also they might make me rewatch The Untamed again because goddamn this book was so good. Even the scene in the cave with Wei Ying and Lan Zhan in the cave cracked me up--and the shocking part when Wei Ying was blindfolded and Lan Zhan kissing him instead of the other way around. It was beautiful and it made me smile.

But my favorite parts is whenever Wen Ning showed up and just...just be baby. I love Wen Ning so much (as much as I love Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan). Wen Ning just needs to be protected at all cost.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment