Home

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Book Review: The Grimoire of Grave Fates by Hanna Alkaf

The Grimoire of Grave FatesThe Grimoire of Grave Fates by Hanna Alkaf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Grimoire of Grave Fates is the first anthology that I didn't have to read for class, and also it was really good. I enjoyed the interconnected stories about the many students that go to the school, and figuring out the mystery of one terrible professor who died. I really enjoyed reading this anthology and trying to find out who killed the terrible professor-which I really didn't like the moment he appeared and was talked about the whole entire time.

The ending fell short for me, mostly because I wasn't even expecting the Vice principal to actually commit the murder. I thought it was one of the students who really hated him for all the terrible things he said and done. But for an administrator to do it? And somehow put poison that turns your blood into sand? That oddly interested me throughout the book, and I wish we'd gotten a part where the professor or one of the students actually explained what the hell was in Hourglass Poison.

The only character I really didn't like was the professor. The more the students brought up who he was and what he said to them, I felt happy that he was gone. No one should suffer under than man, though the real question I posed throughout this book was, Why didn't they fire him and throw him out on his keester if he's saying and doing these horrible things to the other students?, that was something I wanted to know. And how come no one even suspected the Vice Principle? I find that kinda of messed up, but then, no one even knew about her, tbh.

Those are the only parts I didn't like and what I had on my mind while I was reading this, but other than that I enjoyed this book so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment