Home

Monday, September 25, 2023

Book Review: A Dynasty of Monsters (Warhammer: Ange of Sigmar) by David Annandale

A Dynasty of Monsters (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar)A Dynasty of Monsters by David Annandale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book...blew my mind.

Lauka Vai can step on me and I'll thank her for it.

I was expecting this to be the thing I need for this autumn season and this blew all my expectations out of the water. It was dark, it had the vampires in them who were monsters but were the most human out of all of them, and it also shows how someone who believes so hard in their city becomes a zealot to do whatever they can to keep the so-called "monsters" out of their city, to protect the people who can't fight at all but want to protect them.

I was mad, nodded at some parts, gasped at some parts, and also went "daaaamnnnn" in my mind as I read this. I learned about the Avengorii and how Lauka Vai makes sure they don't succumb to their bloodlust as they help the people of the Colonnade fight the beastmen and their people. The only that that irritated me throughout this book was the fact that the bard was the villain this whole time, and no one knew about it, only his brother did. I did like that in the end, he got his just desserts, and I also like how the councilor tried to save her city, just tried. But after learning the whole truth about her city, and how pure they wanted to be and betraying the Avengorii and Lauka Vai, that's when she just snapped and killed almost everyone that she thought she called friend and family, and also that Vash fellow was just so annoying. I'm glad he got his as well.

My favorite character has to be Kavak. He reminded me a bit of Alucard from Castlevania, but at the same time, he saw the evil going on in his old city and wanted to save them, but then he saw that his brother, his own flesh and blood, was doing all of this...well he wanted nothing else to do with him. I also loved Lauka Vai and how majestic and elegant she was. She didn't even bat an eye at the people looking at her because she was different. She was the perfect commander to lead her Avengorii and her Vengorian Lords to war. That was so good and fun to see and I want to know more about Lauka Vai and the Avengorii in more books.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment