Home

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Book Review: The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake

The Atlas Six (The Atlas, #1)The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am shocked and pleased that I have enjoyed the Atlas Six. I had a fear that I wasn't going to like it, but to be honest, I truly enjoyed it. I didn't care for the plot, since it is a slow build. I cared about the characters more than I ever did the plot, and on top of that, I may have liked some of them, like Reina, Libby, Parisa, Nico and Tristan. The one I really didn't care for as much as I would've loved to, was Callum. I thought that he was going to die, and I was prepared for it, but then, sadly, it didn't happen, all because Libby was kidnapped by her ex and not killed by anyone else.

The whole thing about Parisa's past and Callum just casually bringing it up was something I really didn't like at all. I was mentally going "Bruh, for real? Now? For real?" And then him just...manipulating Tristan while Libby is trying to figure out what he can do and all that was fun, especially when they did what I THINK they did (LibbyTristanParisa with absinthe) and then the mystery of Nico and Gideon and how Nico was protecting Gideon from his mama (which is fair, seeing as that she gives me the bloody creeps).

I was kind of side-eyeing Atlas the whole time, because there was something about him I just didn't like at all. He made me sniff and look at him with a very deep side eye because he's supposed to be the "Caretaker" but in my opinion, he didn't do much caretaking to me. But then when it came to Ezra's point of view (and I straight up hate Ezra) and seeing what Mr. Atlas was planning...I immediately hated him and wished him to go to doody town as much as I wanted Nico to go until he grew on me, and where I want Callum to go because I really don't like Callum at all, to be honest.

I am going to read the second book because I really enjoyed this one so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment