Home

Monday, July 4, 2022

Book Review: Dragon's Oath: A House of Night Novella by PC and Kristin Cast

Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas, #1)Dragon's Oath by P.C. Cast
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven't read a House of Night novel in a long time, so reading this one was kind of refreshing. I liked the growing relationship between Anastasia and Dragon, is was cute tbh. I liked the magic and stuff that happened in it.

The relationship between Dragon and Anastasia was really cute, really snarky at times, but they loved each other. So that was really cute to read. I also liked how Anastasia did the spells as cool, calm and collected, all the white Dragon protected her. It was very cute and very romantic, all the way up to the end, when it jumped back to the present day, where Dragon swore to find her again when he died. (as you can tell, I wrote this in my book journal so things are going to repeat themselves, and I'm sorry about that).

The one thing I really didn't like was the fact that Kalona's Raven Mocker was in the book, controlling the human. It almost felt like I was reading a weird chapter of an old anime fanfiction I used to read when I was in middle school/high school or something like that. I loved this book as a teenager, but as an adult it was an eh. The Dragon x Anastasia story was cute, tbh.


View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment