Home

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Book Review: A Dance with the Fae Prince by Elise Kova

A Dance with the Fae Prince (Married to Magic, #2)A Dance with the Fae Prince by Elise Kova
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again, Elise Kova kicked it out of the park with this book. I annotated this one, and I have to say, I really liked it, and on top of that, I found things I didn’t even know I liked. I would’ve given this book a three out of five stars if it wasn’t for Katria getting on my last nerve about not being in love and all that, but then after I saw her reasoning and how slow burn this romance was (I don’t even like slow burn romances that much) and why, because of her father and Joyce (whom I hate with a passion) showed her that she didn’t want to fall in love, but when Davien showed her what love is and told her that he’ll show her what it is, what love really is, she keeps shutting him down, calling him a liar each time.

To tell you the truth, I read this as a straight up fantasy novel, not a fantasy romance novel, so for me, romance is kinda low on the list of things I want in a fantasy novel. But the more the romance came up in the book, the more I actually…started…to…like…it? A lot? Though for a minute it started to aggravate me because she keeps turning him down. And the first time he walks in the room he tells her to close her eyes…like bruh, I want to see your face, I don’t want to hide it, darn it!

When they brought up the Boltov bloodline and how they’re taking out the Aviness bloodline so they can keep the throne, I got more interested in that than the romance. But watching Katria and Davien grow to fall in love and have it a slow burn romance was kinda fun to watch, tbh. How Katria killed the old Boltov king with just a knife was actually really good to see, because we get to see her grow from being the human who worked hard and was scarred, to being brave and strong to the point, she learns that she’s half fae and that they clipped her wings (ow that hurts). Davien thought the reason was that because her family kept her human and the way she was to keep her grounded, I guess.

At the end, Katria became Queen, she went back to the human world to get her horse and sister back, and she’s living happily ever after with Davien. This book was really good and very interesting to annotate, and if I could write a millions of things I loved about this book-from the worldbuilding and the history of Dreamsong and the Boltov and the Avieness family, then we’ll be here all day. So I’ll leave it here and keep thinking about both Davien and Katria.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment