Home

Monday, July 18, 2022

Book Review: The Bride Test by Helen Hoang

The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book two of The Kiss Quotient made me laugh, cry, and also made me want to hug Esme as she tries to navigate the new world of America (well not a “new world” to me, but a new world to her). I really loved the fact that she decided to get a job and got her GED, even though she was trying to seduce Khai, who is autistic and was trying to hide the fact that she’s got a little girl at home. I also loved the fact that Khai was learning how to love her, even though he thinks that he’s not suited for love AT ALL, and that each time Esme asks him if he loves her, he tells her no and shuts her down, which I was honestly proud of, though at the same time a bit upset, because he didn’t know how to tell his feelings.

I cracked up when Quan and Michael (yes, MichaelStella was in this book, but only a little bit) taught Khai about sex after the first time he and Esme got their swerve on, and Esme was mad at him the next day (which I understand) and then the most beautiful thing happened-when Esme went to cut his hair, Khai told her that he was austistic and showed her how he wanted to be touched-which once again, reminding me of the cutting hair kink I didn’t know I have until now.

The whole motorcycle situation almost made me want to hit Khai in the face, but then after he explain why he kept it in the garage, I understood completely, but to yell at Esme like that??? I really didn’t think that he needed to go that far-just explain calmly and she’ll understand it. But just watching the both of them grow, even though they had to go through some rough bumps in the road. I’m gonna be really sad once I read the last book in this series, because I really love this series so much, its one of my favorite series this year.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment