Home

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Book Review: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation (Mo Dao Zu Shi) volume #1 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 1Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 1 by Mò Xiāng Tóng Xiù
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG. I loved this book. Yes this book has some mistakes, but other than that I liked it. I just fell right back in and enjoyed the ride, laughing at some parts (especially all the Wei Wuxian parts). The thing that shocked me throughout the book is the fact that Lan Zhan talked a lot, when in the show he barely said a word. But I did crack up when he got drunk, acting like a child as he tells Wen Ning to go away, and Wei Wuxian trying to make sure Lan Zhan didn’t do anything.

When they meet Nie Huaisang after all this time, why the first thing that came to my mind was, “Hand over the pokemon and no one gets hurt!” and Nie Huaisang going, “Okay, okay, take it easy, take it easy!” just cracks me up-it was so good. Then the whole thing with Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng…that’s an ooof, tbh. I knew the grape/Jiang Cheng hated Wei Wuxian, but to be that cruel to him (and Wei Wuxian giving out Mo Runyu’s name and not his real one)

But other than that, I really liked this book. It made me laugh, made me go ‘damn’ that one time when Lan Zhan told the seniors to drag him inside the house. Wei Wuxian became a favorite once again, and now I like the juniors and also Nie Huaisang, also I like the photo of Nie Mengjue-very different than the one from the show. He looks very handsome and hot, and I like that.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment