Home

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Book Review: What He Wants for Christmas by Brenda Jackson

What He Wants for Christmas: A Westmoreland holiday reunion romanceWhat He Wants for Christmas: A Westmoreland holiday reunion romance by Brenda Jackson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve never read a Brenda Jackson novel, and I’m glad I’ve read this one, because now I’m a fan. I love Sloan and how much of a himbo he is to Leslie, and how they worked out their problems after what happened in college between them and a girl named Sarah Olsen. I also liked how they decided to become partners first when Longshire started coming after Leslie’s business and acting like a total ass when he tried to take over with all of that huffin’ and puffin’ and being all money hungry, reminding me of J.R. Ewing…

But the trip to Alaska and that kiss under the northern lights was the most magical thing I’ve ever read in my life. Now I wish I was kissed under the northern lights. But I think the most heartwarming thing I’ve read in this book was when they went to visit the Yules and toured their toy shop. It was the sweetest thing I’ve ever read, and also they talk about the past when they get to the cabin to spend the week in.

I think that part that got me the most in this book, was when Sloan got hurt and Leslie took care of him. That was the good part in all of this, to me. It was really cute and adorable of how she did it, and then when they made love it was almost magical…until Leslie left, which hurted my soul, all the way down to the ground, and I don’t think it’ll come back once I’m done. But when Sloan went after her, it was the piece de resistance to me, because he went after his woman and told her everything that happened, and they got engaged.

THEN THEY GOT MARRIED. It was a really good wedding, and I liked the warning Leslie gave to her friend Carmen about Redford. I also liked the little theme of family weaved in the book. All in all, this was a really good book and I would read it again all the time when Christmas comes around.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment