Home

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Book Review: Just for the Holidays...by Adriana Herrera

Just for the Holidays... (Sambrano Studios #2)Just for the Holidays... by Adriana Herrera
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a surprise to me. I’ve never read a second chance romance before ever, and I enjoyed reading it. Gael and Perla were SO GOOD, even as Perla tried to resist Gael, she found herself falling in love with him while pretending to be in a relationship with him at the same time, to please his mother and grandmother. I’m glad she did that, because I was waiting for the whole relationship to drop and Perla and Gael had to tell the truth to his mother. But at least the relationship lasted long enough, until Manolo ruined it.

BUT THE YEARING IN THE BEGINNING. Holy crap, the yearning in the beginning. It was SO GOOD. They were in the study doing a reading for a movie, and the sparks, the bloody YEARNING between the two, I was hella obsessed, and as I kept reading I wanted them more. Like, good lord, they were inspiring me more and more to actually try my hand in writing a second chance romance.

But then…I read the sex scene…

When Adriana Herrera writes a sex scene, she can write a sex scene. Because good lord it was so steamy that I fanned myself (ha ha). But in all honesty, it was really good and I enjoyed it…till the end. When Manolo showed up and tried to ruin GaelxPerla, but Gael snapped at his uncle, even finding out the name of the producer that was doing another movie, that, turns out, was known as a sexual predator. When Gael found out, he was furious, and ran out the door to go get Perla back.

In Punta Cana, Esmerelda and Gael pretty much tricked Perla when she was sad, thinking that Gael had left her again. When he surprised her at the yacht, Perla couldn’t believe it, and a year later they were engaged and walking down the red carpet for the movie that had a lot of awards for awards season, and I couldn’t be happier for my favorite couple. 10/10 stars from me, I loved every bit of it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment