Home

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Book Review: Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare

Once Upon a Winter's Eve (Spindle Cove, #1.5)Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my second Tessa Dare novel, even though it was a novella, and I really enjoyed it. I loved how strong Violet was when she tried to help Christian leave Spindle Cove and go back to his little farm in Breton, to continue being a spy for the British army. I loved every bit of it, and there were some parts where I thought Violent would actually fall in bed with Christian, but she resisted, even had a gun to his chest to make sure he was away from her as she helped him run away from Spindle Cove.

I think I loved Violet’s character, and how she and Christian worked together. I felt like it showed her character-from being the woman in the corner at balls to becoming constructive and finding ways to hide her lover, whom she called the Disappointment because of what he did before he left, and even making up excuses to whomever found her. I got a bit worried when she took Christian to this shop, and she tried to come up with an excuse, but the store owner was drunk and grabbed her, but thank god Christian kicked the door and knocked Nellie down to knock out the drunk store owner and went to the house.

Christian, in the beginning, I really didn't like. At all. All because he hurt Violet. But the more I read the novella, the more he kept making promises to her, the more I actually??? Started?? To like him??? Like a lot??? And when he got on the boat and started making promises to Violet that he’ll return…and then she slapped and punched him in the face…just so he can go back to speaking Breton so no one can find him.

The ending was really cute, when Christian came back and danced with Violet, promising to take her this time with him to France, and they shared that cute kiss…it was so cuteeee I loved every bit of it. I’m sad that it’s over, but it made me wonder if they’re okay right now, wherever they are. I really enjoyed this book and even though I wished it wasn’t a novella, it was a really good one and I loved it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment