Home

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Book Review: A Holiday in Gaslight by Mimi Matthews

A Holiday By GaslightA Holiday By Gaslight by Mimi Matthews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Holiday by Gaslight is a very cute and sweet Victorian novella that was pretty good. Ned and Sophie breaking up and then coming back together at the Christmas Ball was really sweet. They had some really flustered moments between them, and when they kissed in little secret places was really cute as well.

I have this problem when it comes to books with parents: I either don’t like them or they get on my nerves. Well Sophie’s father was acting sus throughout the novel, talking about the gaslights in his house and showing them around to anyone that’ll listen. Then you learned that he spent ALL of his daughter’s dowry, and is looking for someone to help finish up Appersett House.

What…and I cannot stress this enough…THE FUCK, MY GUY?!

Sophie, Ned and I think Emily was shocked that their father would do that, but honestly, Emily’s getting married, and Walter thine idiot (He is, this isn’t me judging his character, but the decision he made) is going to help support the refurbish of the Appersett House. Emily told Sophie that ‘she found a way to free her’ since Sophie is always taking care of the family.

But the conversations between Sophie and Ned were very sweet and adorable, along with the kisses. But I really liked how Sophie had just straight up asked Ned to marry her, catching him completely off guard with it, but he said yes anyway and gave her a ring. I wish we knew more about Sophie and Ned and the others, but it was such a good Christmas novella that I really enjoyed it so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment