Home

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Book Review: Belle Morte by Bella Higgin

Belle MorteBelle Morte by Bella Higgin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thank you so much NetGalley for the chance for me to review the ARC.

I tried to like this book. Truly, I did. But honestly...I cannot, for the love of god, get through this book without nearly screaming at Renie. I felt like all Renie cared about was finding out what happened to her sister, ignoring the vampires, breaking the rules, and says up and down that she’s not here for the vampires, she hates vampires, she can’t get into a relationship with the vampire, all she cares about is her sister and getting her out of here.

It annoyed me as I kept reading this book how much Renie says a million times that she hates vampires, but yet when it comes to Edmond, its totally different. I felt like Renie was in the background for me and I cared about the rest of the characters in the book, like Edmond, Ysanne, Roux, and the others. I wanted to know more about them than I wanted to know about Renie, and that’s sad. I even wanted to know more about Edmond and Ysanne’s relationship, and I also wanted to know about Ysanne and Isabelle’s relationship. Renie...I just don’t care about her. At all.

And when she found out that her sister was turned into a vampire, oh no, she hated them then, and even tried to get through to her sister, June, but nothing. Until someone let her out and let her feed and kill whoever she want. But honestly, seeing June all locked up and snarling and reaching for Renie or whoever reminded me so much of Nezuko in the beginning of Demon Slayer, where she attacked Tanjiro. But then, at the end...she was betrayed by her sister and Etienne...who turned her.

That betrayal hurts my very soul, and I wanted to jump in the book and beat the shit out of Etienne, but then, June attacked Renie and nearly killed her, thus making Edmond turn Renie into a vampire.

I’m glad I finished it, and the writing is really good, but Renie just annoyed me throughout the book and I wish it was about the other characters instead of just Renie and Edmond. Because then we can figure out what was going on in the other’s heads while everything was going on. A three out of five stars for me, really good book, just didn’t like Renie.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment