Home

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Book Review: The Heart Forger (Bone Witch #2) by Rin Chupeco

The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch, #2)The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay...book two…you had me at book one. I loved book one. BOOK TWO, YOU GOT ME INVESTED.

Book two continues from Book One, where Tea and her friends are going to the Kingdom of Daanoris, trying to find the Heart Forger, who is missing. And on top of that, people, including Prince Kance, are falling into some kind of sickness. So they go to another kingdom to find the Heart Forger, but when they get there, they find out about so many things…

One, is that the Emperor, Emperor Shifang, wants to marry Princess Inessa, even though Princess Inessa is currently with Fox. Two, that Tansoong may or may not be working with the Faceless, but it turns out that he’s innocent, and that Bayzoi was actually working for the Faceless, and three….and this is important….Mikaelya’s heartsglass was with King Telemaine the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME.

I mean, Tea tried to ask King Vance where her heartglass is, and they started asking random questions, where he would say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. But the shocking part out of all of this was when Aneah and King Telemaine appeared, pretty much revealing that they were lovers and they wanted to kill everyone in that room. But they didn’t, and Tea got her revenge on the king by making him insane, thus making the prince exile Tea from doing what she did.

But once again, the world building of this book is pretty damned good, I must say. Each place she describes in this book are places I would like to go someday. I’ve also loved the little romances in the book, though the one that shocked me the most was Kalen and Tea. The reason why they shocked me because Kalen is a Deathseeker, and I thought he really didn’t like Tea, but it turns out that he does like Tea and even kisses her. He even goes out of his way to be exiled with her (I think he does), which I think is so cute.

I didn’t like the fact that she had her azi taken from her, but at the end the azi pretty much listens to Tea now without her controlling her or anything. I found that pretty darn awesome actually, and it sucks that now she’s not going to be in Ankyo anymore. I mean, Ananeah and the stupid king deserves what they did to Mikaelya, I’m sorry.

Still love this book series. I’m going to read the last book and cry because this book series is! So! Good!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment