Home

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Book Review: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Collected from American FolkloreScary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Collected from American Folklore by Alvin Schwartz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This would be the first time that I’ve ever read this book, and I have to say that it was very interesting to read a book of scary stories. None of the scared me though, I do have two favorites-the Hearst Song and Me Tie Dough-Tie Walker!. But the art in this book was fantastic. I loved every single picture I saw. I have listened to the Hearst Song about four times, and I have sung it before (actually sung it tonight now that I think about it, and I enjoyed it).

I do have a couple favorites that I liked in this book. My favorite stories from this book are:

Me Tie Dough-Tie Walker!
The Hearst Song
The Wendigo
The Viper
Aaron Kelly’s Bones
The Big Toe
The Haunted House

Since this book review is short, I really do recommend this book because one, though it’s not that scary when you get older, it’s a pretty damned good read and two, because it’s a pretty damned good read.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment