Home

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Book Review: Saga (Vol. 1-3) by Brian K. Vaughan

Saga, Vol. 3Saga, Vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have never read the comic Saga in my life. Haven’t even touched it. Haven’t placed a finger on it.

But when Anna said it was the book club pick of the month, I picked it up and…

And…

MARKO LIVES RENT FREE IN MY MIND.

Marko is best space dad, the best husband, and yes, I’ve fallen in his lap and I can’t get up, but sadly he’s married so we’ll just have to be friends. Darn it. But I’ll be okay because Hazel, his and Alana’s daughter, is such a cutie pie that I love so, so much. Such a bean. I can’t help but to awe each time she comes onto the page.

I love the family dynamic between Marko and Alana as they decide what’s best for their baby girl Hazel. I find it so real and raw that these two people who ran off and got married, is thinking about their plans and making sure Hazel is first, no questions asked. I also love the fact that Marko’s mother is accepting of them and is willing to take care of Hazel. Even their ghostly babysitter is along for the ride and I love every bit of it.

I also love the storyline with The Will and Slave Girl, aka Sophie. He just wants to be best dad to her, even when she was controlled and stabbed him in the neck. She even apologized once she stepped back. I was also shocked at the budding relationship between The Will and Gwendolyn, Marko’s ex-fiancee, though right now the Will is out of remission while Gwendolyn is confronting Marko about how to save him.

Though I didn’t like the fact that she called Alana a fat bitch and killed the author of the book, which sucked, by the way. Also I don’t know why, but I don’t like Prince Robot IV, but I’m slowly but surely liking him a bit-JUST A BIT. Not a lot, which is fine with me. Maybe in the next few books he’ll grow on me, The Will gets saved, Marko and Alana and Hazel become family and I finally just let all of them live rent free in my head, because they do need to live rent free in my head forever because I love them and I would do anything for them darn it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment