Home

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Book Review: Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh

Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Silver in the Wood, though it is a short story, is actually really darn good one.

Silver in the Wood is about a man named Tobias who was living in the woods peacefully with a dryad named Bramble. He even had a tree in his backyard that I think he was tied to. One day, a man named Silver comes in his wood, and the two of them starts to spend time together, talking and such, until Silver is kidnapped by a Fay named Fabian.

Yeah, Fabian. Weird name for a Fay but I digress.

Then Silver’s mother, Mrs. Silver, comes in, and she and Tobias start to work together, finding monsters and things and putting them away. Even Tobias started to trim up a bit. I didn’t like it, though, when the first time they met. Mrs. Silver wanted Tobias to cut down the tree (and they did, and I hated it that she told him to do that. Like no, that was his HOME, lady. HOME. Tobias is part of the tree). But the shocking thing EVER was that Silver was alive, thanks to the Fay that kept him alive, I think???

But the only freaky part about that was, that Fabian used Silver’s face to get under Tobias’s skin, but it didn’t work, shaking it off. But I did clap at the end when Tobias kissed Silver, and I clapped when they did, because I wanted them to be together. Now I picture them all happy, living in their wood while inbetween helping out people and being together, because that’s all I want. That’s all I want, and I’m going to keep it like that, dammit, because they deserve to be happy.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment