Home

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Book Review: The Shadowglass, a Bone Witch Novel by Rin Chupeco

The Shadow Glass (The Bone Witch, #3)The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The last book of the Bone Witch series...and, to me, the great series of 2020. This book broke me in many ways, and I’m sad that I have to say goodbye to my friends. But I’m sad that Tea and Kalen had to die (which sucked, by the way, really sucked). But the ending where the Bard was at the statue and two people showed up, I wondered if it was really them.

But also, the final battle between them and the Faceless, including Althy, who I thought was their friend but it turned out she was tricking them for so, so long. Like I don’t know why she did that, but she did. And also the Oracle, who turned out was Druji, which I was shocked about when I read it, and tried to turn Tea bad. And I also couldn’t believe that Althy would blight pretty much everyone, including Lady Likh.

But can we talk about Likh for a second? Whom I love and adore so much? She thought that she was born the wrong gender and really wanted to be a asha, but since she was a boy, she couldn’t be one, which was fucked up in my opinion. I’m glad Tea understood and called her Lady Likh, and I’m glad she told her feelings to Khalahd, and that they were together, though I got worried that it would be too late for them to be together. And I also wish there was a spell that’ll let Likh change her gender from a boy to a girl, because then she’ll finally live her truth and be with the boy she loved.

And Fox….Fox, Fox, Fox. You know that Tea didn’t mean to kill your sister Daisy, and you pretty much shut her out throughout the whole book, which sucked by the way. But I’m glad that in the end, you turned back human and married Princess Inessa. You honestly deserve all the happiness in the world.

I have to say, my favorite part throughout this book series is the story inbetween the actual story. We follow Tea in her journey to become an asha, then a Dark asha, then pretty much beating the crap out of the Faceless while at the same time, we read about how she took in the shadowglass, defeats the Faceless again, and disappears on her azi with Kalen on her side.

But can we talk about Kalen’s death, please?? LIKE NO, I DON’T ACCEPT THIS. I DON’T ACCEPT THIS AT ALL. I hated reading his death and all I wanted was for him and Tea to be together, BUT NO IT DIDN’T HAPPEN, I’M SO MAD I COULD SPIT. And the visions when she went through the mountain, and she failed because she couldn’t save Kalen? BOY WAS I MAD ABOUT THAT. But then he was fine and then they died together. Dang it.

I’m so glad that I found this book series and read it all. This would have to be my favorite series, hands down, of 2020. I don’t think any other book series would compare to this one, but honestly I don’t think I will. This book was so well put together and so well written that I couldn’t put it down-I had to devour every word of it. I would like to see these characters one day-maybe in a short story or what. But I want to see them again, because I miss them now, so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment