Home

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Book Review: A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi

A Hero for WondLaA Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this book, I didn't know if I was going to love it or not. But as I continued to read it, I actually started to love it. Like, love it a lot. The world was different from any other fantasy/science fiction novel I've read, and now I wanna get all of the books in this series so I can read them all-and never want to leave this world of Orbona.

Normally around this part I'll sum up the book in bits and pieces about what happened in the book and all, but I just can't do that because I wanna talk about the artwork-the most beautiful artwork I've ever seen before. Ever. In the beginning of each chapter there's a huge piece of artwork and they are so beautiful. Even in some of the chapters there's little pieces of artwork hidden in there, like the Eva Eight tree that I tweeted and instagrammed about, calling it weird but beautiful at the same time.

Basically, this book is about Eva Nine's journey on the ship the Bijou with Hailey and Rovender to the human city of New Attica, where something just didn't feel right to her at all-there were no aliens on the planet, only humans, and the leader of the New Attica, Cadmus Pryde, is up to something...but Eva dosen't even know what...until she met her "sister" Eva Eight who was older than her and the two escape, finding more aliens and helping them break out of New Attica to the Wondering Forest, where Cadmus thinks that the generator is, but actually the generator is a spirit called Mother who turns Eva's sister into a tree..

BUT before all of that....

They crash-landed in the Wandering Forest, where they took one of Rovender's old clanmate back home to his village, but they didn't because they both captured Eva Nine and Eva Eight, and they used the truth bird to get her to tell the truth (which Eva does anyway) and then they used it on Rovender, who was basically the old leader's son (but they kept calling him a "ghost" as if he was dead or something) and the two reunited. Awe.

The ending...oh dear lord the ending....it made me mad when Lacus ate his sister. I mean, opened his big mouth and just ate her. But I'm glad Eva Nine escaped before she got eaten, and now I wanna read the third book and the first book (blame library for not having all of the books). But I really do love this book a lot and I do recommend it!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment