Home

Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review: The Dead Girls' Dance: The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine

The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh. Dear. Giggty. God.

HELLO, MORGANVILLE, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH.

Basically, this book was about saving Shane from his horrible fate of being killed because of what his father did to Brandon, the vampire that molested Eve and her brother, Jason. And honestly? I HATED SHANE'S DAD. I REALLY DID. First, I started to cry for what he did to MICHAEL. Yes, MICHAEL GLASS. Like, I said 'NOPE' when I read that part. But then throughout the book, it's Claire and Eve trying to find ways to save Shane.

And Amelie? Honestly, I respect her as the Founder and all that, but bruh, YOU CAN'T EVEN CONTROL OLD FART OLIVER. Yes I called Oliver an old fart (not my Oliver in Star City) But this Oliver? I HATE HIM. SO MUCH. It's like he wanted Shane to die-FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T EVEN DO. And then what Amelie did-granted the wish of Michael and turned to him into a vampire just so he can walk around and find out how they can save Shane from his terrible fate. Though I'm glad he did that, but at the end Shane was freed from his fate and not listen to his dumb ol' daddy.

But the dance Claire and Eve went to...it almost honestly cringe, and I got worried for Claire because I thought she was going to get hurt (or raped) but I'm glad Sam and Eve found her before anything happened. But this thing with protection confused me a little bit as I kept reading it-Oliver made the deal, then Amelie did the same thing at the end of the book....it confused me but THE ENDING...WHY DID SHE GET UP TO SIGN IT?! Why why why why?????

I really enjoyed this book and I really recommend this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment