Home

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Book Review: Attack on Titan Vol. 1 by Hajime Isayama

Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 by Hajime Isayama
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ooookay....so Attack on Titan....NOT A WORLD I WANT TO LIVE IN. I'm sorry, I loved this book (I really did) but I wouldn't survive it, even though I would join the Survey Corps...I just wouldn't make it. Not one bit. And I thought the world of Divergent was crazy with all the factions and Jeanine and all that...BUT THIS WORLD RIGHT HERE? I wouldn't survive it, espically with the Titans crashing in to eat people.

And even though I watched the anime of the same name as well (though it's on Netflix too and I haven't been able to watch it because of JESSICA JONES...LIKE THAT SHOW THO. I CAN'T.) I honestly enjoyed the manga, which starts out with the attack of Wall Maria thanks to that HUGE OVERGROWN TITAN that came and kicked the wall wide open, letting the Titans in to have a huge feast. Eren, Mikasa and Armin had to run to get on the ship so they can escape-then football titan (that's what I'm calling the armored one) bust through the doors like it was no tomorrow and everyone started to scream, and Eren made a promise that he was gonna kill each and every Titan out there so they won't kill people anymore....

Then at the end of the book, BIG BOY shows up and everyone is trying to kill him. EVERY. ONE. But when Eren decided to try and cut the back of the titan's neck, he...well, he get his leg bitten off, then he gets eaten right in front of Armin.

Throughout the book I honestly wanted to cry-really badly-but then I coudn't beacause of the action-IT WAS REALLY GOOD. I loved it and I kept up with it (while happily running away from the Titans like I do fire-breathing dragons in Skyrim (ha ha).) BUT I do reconmend this book and I can't wait to read more of this series!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment