Home

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Book Review: White Witch Black Curse (The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison

White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alriighty then, Kim Harrison....this is my first time reading you, and I enjoyed it, I truly did, BUT...but good lord woman the action in this book....it was heart-pounding and magical, I must say...but it kinda fell flat for me. I tried to read the book on audiobook when I found it online, but the more I listened to it, I just returned it. Then I brought the book and now that I've read it...I have to say I did enjoy it.

I only didn't like the fact that Rachel was shunned because everyone thought she was a 'black witch' when she keeps swearing up and down that she's a good witch. I know it's because of her demon markings and all, but to just brand her a black witch, just because she's helping people (and also makes deals with demons and is going to the ever-after to train with one, holy hell...) so just get off Rachel's back, yeesh!

So this book is about Rachel Morgan trying to find her boyfriend Kisten's killer. But with a banshee on the loose with her husband and a baby, that's kind of hard...especially when said banshee's baby is sucking out auras and making people weak (weak as in, it made Rachel weak). Then on top of that you have a ghost that's been trying to contact you for a whole year and has finally have...in the form of your demon boss who has him as a familiar now.

I know, she's having a grand ol' time with this, isn't she???

Then after that she goes to the jail with her roommate Ivy to visit Skimmer, a vampire who got locked up because of Ivy (I think), that's when Rachel remembers a little bit what happened to Kisten and who Kisten's killer was (Kisten died twice that night) and that's when things take a turn.

The banshee trying to run away, Mia, pretty much at the end fed on Rachel, tearing up her aura and when she was knocked out, she started to remember what happened that night when Kisten died. Once Mia was taken into custody and Holly was in Ford's care (also Mia's husband Remus was in it too, and he got arrested, and Piece is now in Tom's body, which is weird), Rachel, Ivy and Edden went down the tunnel to find the vampire that killed Kisten.

They found him, and Edden said something about the I.S. cleaning up, and Rachael didn't want that happen, so she pulled a Yennefer and cursed the door, burning the room up and putting a black curse on it, making sure no one comes down and finds this room/vampire's lair ever again. And also in the end Pierce came through and kissed Rachel (yep...he's totally Rachel-bait) and that was it. I don't know if I'm going to read more of this series (or pick up the first seven books) but I really did enjoy the book and I do recommend it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment