Home

Monday, August 3, 2020

Book Review: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, 1) by Joanne Fluke

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*stands up on a podium* Hello...my name is Brittany, and...I enjoyed this book.

This was actually my first cozy mystery I've ever read in my life. I've never read anything from this genre before, and this book interested me. So I sat down and just...read it (finished it tonight, actually). And the recipes (that I really wanna try but can't because of my diabeetus) sounds so good that I wish I can eat them (in my mind I can, so that's a win-win...right?)

So what was this book about?

It's about a woman named Hannah Swensen who owns a bakery called The Cookie Jar, and she found the dead body of a man who worked at the dairy. She partners up with her brother-in-law Bill to find out who dun it and put them away. Along the way, Hannah found clues about what happened, and even roped her sister Andrea into it. The more I read this book, the more worried I gotten, so I kept on reading, and what do you know...even though the ending was fast, she found out who did it (it was Judith, which was a shame really, I never even thought about her) and I was almost at the edge of my seat trying to figure out who did it.

I liked the way the story flowed, as if I'm watching a little soap about a murder around town, and Hannah's in the middle of it. I loved Moishe, Andrea, and even Delores. I loved the little clues here and there, and I also loved how she kept dodging her mother who's trying to marry her off to every man in Lake Eden. And funny thing is,, I didn't hate the mama like I thought I would...huh.

All in all, this was a really good book and I might pick up more books from this series when I get a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment