Home

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Book Review: Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan

Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rich People Problems...aka just put my whole entire family in this whole entire book because good lord they act just like the family in this book. Anyway, getting off track, now to the book review...so Rich People Problems is about the Shang-Young family coming together after the death of their patriarch, Shang Su Yi, aka Ah Ma. It was a sad moment...truely, it was...

Actually, no it wasn't. Because honestly, the way Eddie Cheng fussed and fought and screamed and hollered over a frickin' house reminded me so much of my own uncle (who's like Eddie Cheng 2.0). He thinks he's hot shit, he thinks he can do whatever he wants when he wants, and he also thinks that he was going to get the house. WRONG. (No, seriously, he thought he was going to get Tyersall Park). Then they thought that Su Yi wanted to sell the house, and they started getting these offers, but the Nick, the brightest man in this WHOLE ENTIRE BOOK, decided to make a deal with his aunties that he can raise the money to buy the house. It didn't work, so after finding somethings out with his Ah Ma, he went to Thailand to meet with a prince, and he found something about his Ah Ma that changed everything, thus turning Tyersall Park into Tyersall Park Hotel and museum, thanks to a mysterious backer.

And that mysterious backer is...

Kitty Pong Bing. Yes, that Kitty Pong, who in the last two books did so much crazy shit, but she got away from Benard Tai and married Jack Bing, who is the father of Colette Bing, who tried to poison Rachel. Following along? Good, because it's about to get even crazier from here. In this book, Kitty has an arch nemesis...which is Colette Bing, the new Countess of Parsilver or some fancy title like that, and Kitty HATES her. She wants to do everything better than Colette (gee, who does that sound like? An auntie of mine) and tries every crazy thing she can think of. But at the end, she decided to secretly buy in Tysersall Park and turn it into a museum.

The Astrid storyline I enjoyed the most-mostly because it's like she's finally getting everything she ever wanted and then everything came crashing down the moment that sex tape of her and Charlie came out thanks to Charlie's ex-wife, Isabel, having a psychotic breakdown and nearly killing herself. Then Astrid disappeared, making Charlie worry about her and he started to search everywhere for her, asking around and all. Then he went to Palawan where he and Astrid reunited, and I HOPE TO GOD THAT THEY GET MARRIED BECAUSE I LOVE THEM TOGETHER AND I WANT THEM TO GET MARRIED OKAY.

All in all this was a really good book and I enjoyed myself so much. I'm sad that I'm going to be missing my family because I feel like a part of me is with this family now. I'm going to miss every crazy thing they have every done to each other. But one day I shall revisit them. So for now I'm going to say goodbye and that I shall see you soon.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment