Home

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Book Review: Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett

Guards! Guards! (Discworld, #8)Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett is my first novel and first step into the Discworld, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. From the summoning of dragons to reading a dragon getting arrested, this has to be one of my favorite books of this year. I'm so glad that Anna chose this book to be read as the first book of the book club, because I love this book. SO MUCH.

My favorite character has to be Carrot. Best boy in this whole book. YEETED A BOOK TO KILL SOMEONE. Sends his monthly pay to his mother. I can talk more about this boy because yes, he's baby (to me he is-he's baby fight me) and also he ARRESTED A DRAGON. A DRAGON, y'all. My second favorite has to be Lady Sybil Ramkin. I love her so much, mostly because she raised dragons, healed up Vimes (get to him later) and also helped out the guards as much as she can. I honestly wanted to be her because she's awesome.

But Vimes...Vimes HAS to take the cake to being the best boy. Best captain, best everything in this book. Because he stood up for pretty much everything (forgive my brain, I'm trying to remember what happened and I can't, but slowly but surely I'm remembering things that happened in the book). I got worried a bit when he got locked up by Wonse and wasn't going to get out, but he did (even though he forgot the key).

But the best part was Errol and him trying to fight the dragon, only to find out it was a female and he was in love with it. The two are maybe living happily ever after, while Vimes and (hopefully) Lady Ramkin get together, Carrot stay baby because HE'S BABY DAMMIT LET HIM BE BABEY and also the Brothers are somewhere being happy, especially Brother Dunnykin.

Brother Dunnykin is also best boy, and I shall not take anymore questions at this time.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment