Home

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Book Review: The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

The White Queen (The Cousins' War #1)The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I gave this book a three out of five stars for reasons-one of them was the "yikes" when Elizabeth of York falls for her uncle, Richard III, secondly was that it fell a bit flat for me in the end and also of the fact that I wanted to watch the show that I watched as soon as it came out. But all in all, I honestly enjoyed this book, though there were some people I wanted to smack upside the head so damned badly-like George, Duke of Clarence for being the most stupidest man on the planet, Richard, for just being really...how can I put this...idiotic at the end.

Sure he was made Lord of the North and all, but good googly moogly son. All of that after King Edward died, and you wanna pull shit like that? Really? I honestly just shook my head and kept on reading, and each time I read it I got madder to the point that once it was over, it was over-I was done with the book, and I felt sorry for Elizabeth because she lost her sons (she may or may not have lost them) and then everything else that happened to her-Edward's whoring (in which I would threaten to cut his cock off if he ever did it again), the death of her father and brothers and son...it mentally hurt me to see her go through all of this and come out unscathed.

This is my second book that I have read of Philippa Gregory, and this book broke me in so many ways.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment