Home

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Book Review: Sojourn, a Legend of Drizzt novel by R.A. Salvatore

Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)Sojourn by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book three of the Dark Elf Trilogy...I enjoyed myself-this was a good book. It was slow at first, with him trying to get to know the Thistledown children before he had to hide, but then he avenged their deaths when the fucking barghest came, took the form of the drow (possibly him) and killed him with his own scimitar, and Drizzt and Guenhwyvar killed them (there were two), then he left the village to go somewhere else to live, all the while being chased by Roddy McGristle, whom I hated so much because all he wanted was to kill Drizzt and in the end he didn't.

We get to meet new characters-Montolio DeBrouchee, a blind hermit ranger who follows Mielikki, Burenor Battlehammer, and his daughter Catti-Brie. Along with other characters like Kellindil and Dove Falconhand, I honestly enjoyed this book so much (and can’t wait till next year to dig into the books I ordered and read the moment 2020 gets here). I enjoyed the book, the action was beautiful and I was happy when Catti-Brie and Drizzt became friends, even though she had to defy Burenor to do it.

I honestly didn’t like Roddy, mostly because he went after Drizzt, swearing up and down that he killed the Thistledowns (which wasn’t the case) and yes Drizzt cut his ear off and had to kill the dog because he attacked first while Drizzt couldn’t speak a lick of English. But to just put all the blame on one person instead of listening to reason, letting you go down this horrible road to Drizzt only to be turned away-that’s what you get, honestly. But I loved this book and I can’t wait to read more of this book series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment