Home

Monday, December 30, 2019

Book Review: The Vampire Diaries: The Fury/Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

The Fury / Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4)The Fury / Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay...this one is slightly better than the first, mostly because Elena was halfway annoying in The Fury, but then she passed at the end, making it much, much bad to me, because Katherine is a terrible little shit ad I couldn't stand her, mostly because she acted like a child, was very different than the Katherine on the show. I mean, in the beginning of the book Elena didn't know who everyone was whens she was turned into a vampire, clinging to Damon and saying that he loved her, and before that she attacked Stefan-which, once again, I totally got. I would be doing the same thing if I was a newly-born vampire.

But once she got her memories back after reading her journal and went to her funeral, that's when the strange things started to happen to the animals, mostly the dogs. Then all of them (her, Damon, Stefan, Bonnie and Meredith) were coming up with a list on who is the Other Powers-and they thought Alaric Saltzman, the new history teacher, was one of them. (at that, I laughed), but he wasn't. Alaric was actually a psychologist who knew about the vampire attacks and had never met a vampire, till he met Damon, Elena and Damon.

So after they eliminated the rest of the people (Robert, and the rest of the people, including some others that I don't remember) and realized that the Winter Ball is that night, and they were going to find and fight whoever did it. When it turned out to be Katherine, I was honestly like 'Well shit," but no one, not one person, told me how crazy she was.

Like goodness, I thought Damon was gonna go through with the foolishness:

"Katherine," he [Damon] said. He was still smiling.
"Yes." she leaned closer.
"Katherine..."
"Yes, Damon?"
"Go to hell."-Damon Salvatore, the Fury, pg 221-222


But in the end, he didn't, and Elena killed her, though she had to die in the process.

But in Dark Reunion...whoo boy. That one was a trip, mostly because KLAUS WAS IN IT AND I THOTTED OVER HIM TILL THE SPIRITS TOOK CARE OF HIM. And then we find out that Tyler Smallwood's family are descended from werewolves,and I'm also glad that Stefan and Matt are friends now. Even though Klaus had to go bye bye in the end and Elena came back, I actually enjoyed myself reading this book in one day yesterday.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment