Home

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Book Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOWAR) by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alright...this book right here....BROKE ME IN SO MANY WAYS.

I thought the wars in Game of Thrones were bad...I was waiting for nearly half my favorite characters to die...BUT NOPE NOT REALLY, THEY JUST GOT BROKEN TO THE POINT THAT I STARTED TO CRY WHEN RHYSAND DECIDED TO GIVE EVERYTHING AND DIE WHEN HE AND FEYRE FIXED THE CAULDRON.

I don't even know how to start this book review, to tell you the truth. From Feyre basically being a bad bitch and destroying the Spring Court, from Nesta and Cassian NOT GETTING TOGETHER, IN WHICH I NEED THEM TO, all three of the scariest people-The Bone Carver, The Weaver, Brayxsis (the one that scared Cassian to death) to this stupid-ass war with the King of Hybern. And the new characters-the High Lords of Dawn, Summer an Day (I believe) court, Drakon and Mariyam, Nephelle, Elain's ex-fianee, even Jurian from the last book. But this book broke me in so many ways that I cried, held my breath...this book has broken me in so many ways.

Also I'm glad and proud of the changes between Nesta and Elain, who stayed away from everyone, and then came into their own-Elain became a seer, Nesta became a little warrior. Even when Elain shoved Truth-Teller in the King's neck, I was proud of her, coming out of her shell and showing people what she can do.

But the one person that shocked me the most was Amren (I've written her name as Amren when I did the book review of ACOMAF, which is my bad), when she tricked Feyre so she could go in and destroy the Hybern army, turning into a huge bird (or fire drake or dragon), but she came back as a High Fae.

Also Feyre flew and I'm proud about that.

I love this series so much and now I'm going to start reading the novella, because I don't think these stories and these people, our family, if I can call them that, are over.

"To the stars who listen-and the dreams that are answered."-Rhysand

(also I feel like I'm giving a goodbye speech as I write this, but I'm not)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment