Home

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Book Review: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Sense and SensibilitySense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first Jane Austen novel that I ever read (along with Pride and Prejudice, which I actually didn't finish) and Emma (have that book at home, never finished it neither) and it turns out that I loved this book, though I contantly yelled at the males in this book, hated the Steeles, Marianne nearly giving me a heart attack because she almost died, and the end, when the Dashwood sisters finally got married to Edward and Colonel Brandon.

So what did I like about the book? I honestly like the way it's written, making me hang on every word and making me forget the other two books that I was gonna read (ha ha). I felt like I was with the Dashwoods through the heartache with Wllioughby and Edward (in which I wanna throw Edward VERY HARD to the wall....unless he looked like Dan Stevens....then I won't), the Miss Steeles getting on my damned nerve (INCLUDING LUCY) and then the older people, including Miss Jennings, who honestly reminds me of my auntie who is VERY BLOODY NOSEY ABOUT EVERYONE and NOT CARING FOR THEMSELVES.

But the mama (Mrs. Dashwood) reminds me of my own mother when the girls went through heartache and misery and then till they got married. When Marianne nearly died (and give me a heart attack). I wanted to throw this book to my wall but I couldn't-I just basically yelled at Marianne because I didn't want her to die.

But can we talk about the scene with Elinor and Willoughby? Like, he came to their home-DRUNK, mind you-and spilled his heart out, honestly regretting not marrying Marianne when he married his current wife. I honestly wanted to skip this part, but the more I read it...the more I felt sorry for him. I wasn't supposed to, but then as I kept reading that chapter, I realize that I do care...a bit...towards him.

But Colonel Brandon though...at first, I didn't like him-I'm going to admit that-but the more I read this book, the more I started to like him...and the more I like him, the more I wanted to shout "HURRY UP AND MARRY ONE OF THEM ALREADY!!!" But at the end they did.

Now Edward...Edward Ferrars? I'm still mad for what you did to Elinor, making me think that you broke her heart and went to marry Lucy. But when you explained yourself, then I liked you some more and then I became a happy panda again (happy panda...lolz).

But I loved this book and I really do recommend this book a whole lot!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment