Home

Friday, October 16, 2015

Book Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Divergent. Divergent, Divergent, Divergent....this book made me have some feels in the end, and this is the first time I ever picked this book up...and I loved it. A lot. Even though there's some characters I wanna smack upside their heads (Eric & Jeanine), I still enjoyed it. A lot. I loved Tris Prior and her strength, her bad-assery and how she went through the Dauntless initiation, though she had to deal with some haters during it.

But the ending....the ending just....made me mad. Made me mad to the point that I pushed the book away because it just wasn't okay the way her parent's died. But I was hella mad at Jeanine and what she did to Four (oh, I'm sorry, TOBIAS, but to me you're FOUR) and I prayed that Tobias didn't kill Tris (and my prayer came true).

But at the end they escaped from Erudite (after Tobias snapped out of it and took the program away) and now...now they're on a train. Where are they going? I'll have to find out in the next book (which I checked out today).

I honestly wouldn't have made it in Dauntless-THEY'RE CRAZY. But I did do a little quiz they had in the back of this book, and I'll be in Amity, because I'm honest, it's very easy to make me laugh, and I do appreciate the arts and I love to write a lot.

So I do recommend this book a whole lot.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I need to hurry up and read these so I can see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too! And I got Insurgent now, but I'm taking a little break from reading it before I jump into it :)

      Delete