Home

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Book Review: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH. MY. GOD.

THIS. BOOK. THOUGH.

Once again, Cassandra Clare has written the most wonderful book that took me a long time to read (thanks school) but I enjoyed it a lot and it took me almost a long time to do this review. So how did I enjoy this book?

Well I enjoyed it. A lot. The first part of the book made me mad because of Will being a dingle-donger. How did he become a dingle-donger in the first part, you ask? Well for one he kept going to Magnus (in which I STILL WANNA CLIMB THAT MAN LIKE A TREE, but in this book they were in the same room together. SAME ROOM. I ALMOST DIED.) because he was looking for the demon that "cursed" him. Then he and Tessa went to the Lightwood party where Tessa went as Jessamaine and Nate told her almost everything they wanted to know...even when Tessa found out that Nate and Jessamaine was married (in which I didn't believe one bit....one bit at all). When they came back to the Institute from the party, Tessa told her friend Sophie to wake Charlotte so she can tell them everything they learned. While Charlotte went to call the Slient Brothers, Jessamaine kept swearing up and down that Nate loved her, and Tessa kept telling her that he didn't.

THEN FINALLY, when Will found the demon and found that that he didn't place a curse on him or his family, he ran back to the Institution to confess his love for Tessa, it was too late-Jem had already asked her to marry him, and she said yes. Will tried to get her to break the enagement, but Tessa won't do it.

But can we talk about Jem x Tessa, or Jessa? Please? At first I wasn't feelin' it, but the more I read, the more...I...actually...ship....them. *gasp* I know. From finding Will in that opium den to visiting Jessamine in the Slient City, I slowly started to ship them. A lot. And I can't wait to read what happens with them in the third book.

But at the end when they exposed Mr. Lightwood (while Will caterwauled about demon pox) and voted for Charlotte to keep running the Insitiute, those clockwork automotations came down, making those annoying clicking sounds-but anyway, one of them jumped down and Henry "killed it", smashing it with his fist and turned out it was a spy from Mortmain when he found out that Mr. Lightwood betrayed him.

So Charlotte's still running the Insitute, Jem and Tessa are getting married, Will's heartbroken....or is he...when his sister comes and wants to train to be a Shadowhunter.

WOT?!

But I loved this book and I do reconmend this a lot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment