Home

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Book Review: Trinity Blood vol. 1: The Star of Sorrow by Sunao Yoshida

Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 1: The Star of SorrowTrinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 1: The Star of Sorrow by Sunao Yoshida
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

CW: Mention of Rape, Brittany cusses out two people

This is my first and only Trinity Blood novel I have in my possession, and I would love to get more of them when I can. But for now i’m going to review the only book I have, and hope and pray that one day I can get more.

So this light novel is about AX Agent Abel Nightroad coming to the city of Istavan, a city where he was going to be a priest of a local church, Saint Matthias. When he gets there, he has to deal with the City Police, which is run by one Gergey Radcon, who is a horrible piece of shit who nearly (and I mean this) NEARLY raped Esther in the trainstaton, which is really fucked up. Thank god for Tres, who stopped it. After that horrible piece of shit ruins Abel and Esther’s day, they go to Saint Matthias Church, which is run by Bishop Vitez. Abel settles down...and that’s when the shit goes DOWN.

The Istavan City Police and the Partisans engage in a all-out war in the streets, and the Marquess of Hungary, Guyla Kadar (sounds like a dick, and he does, but keep reading), and he wants to get revenge on the Terrans that somehow killed his wife.

I’m sorry, kid....DRACULA FROM CASTLEVANIA DID IT BETTER. You had a fucking “ace” up your sleeve called the Star of Sorrow, and you thought that’ll help...awe, poor baby, bless your dead heart….but I’m sorry. DRACULA. THE DRACULA TEPES FROM CASTLEVANIA DID REVENGE BETTER, CLASSIER AND BETTER THAN YOU. Yes, your excuse was to get revenge on the people that killed your wife, but did you actually go down there, travel like a human and EXPERIENCED human life? No, you probably sat up in your fancy-smancy castle, drink your fancy-smancy blood wine, whatever the hell it is you drink, and when you heard about what happened to your wife, what did you do? Throw a fuckin’ hissy fit, use the Star for your revenvge, only to get it taken away like a bitch and have it being controled by ya boy, Dietrich, WHOM I ALSO HATE AS A PASSION, BUT OMG HE GIVES ME A WHOLE LOT OF NIKOLAI (not Lanstov, because Nikolai is better than this piece of shit, but my oc demon) VIBES GOOD LORD.

About Dietrich von Lohengrin...first off, he’s a sly dog (not like our boy Nikolai) and he pretends to be friends and help Esther with her cause...only to betray her, saying that he loves her and that he’d do anything for her...but he uses some kind of control mechanism to fucking control her, making her shoot poor Abel, WHO DIDN’T DO A DAMN THING TO THEM, really, he’s a good boy, damn, and then turns around and betrays Guyla, as he fucking deserves.

And when Tres shot Radcon after he DISGUSTINGLY fucking says what he did to Bishop Vitez (like, he says thirty men raped her….VERY FUCKING DISGUSTING)...I was so glad that he shot him and took him in, because I really, REALLY fucking hate him because he’s a cruel son of a bitch and I wanted him dead the moment I saw him.

All in all, this was a really good book, all except the mention of rape that made me put the book down and make me go “WTF”. I also loved the characters (Abel, Tres, Caterina, the young Pope, Esther) and hated a lot of them (Francesco, Dietrich, Radcon, Guyla). I wish I had more of these books so I can read all of them, but maybe one day I’ll read them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment