Home

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Book Review: The Legacy (Legend of Drizzt #7) by R.A. Salvatore

The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)The Legacy by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hello, and welcome to This book broke me in a million ways, lemme tell you how because OH MY GOOD LORD THIS BOOK. This book right here broke me in a million ways. Well for one, the whole entire thing happened in Mithral Hall/near the Underdark. Secondly, I didn’t like the way Wulfgar went out the way he did, thirdly, I would like to throw Artemis Entreri, along with Dio Brando, STRAIGHT TO FLORIDA WHERE THEY BELONG. Because honestly, WHAT THE HELL MAN.

So first off, let’s start off in the beginning. Vierna, Drizzt’s sister (yes, the nice, kind sister) had came to Jarlaxle (that, turns out, I really like) and told him and her other brother, Dinin (yeah, him. He’s still alive. Shocking) that she’s going to bring House Do’Urden back to power, back in the Lloth’s good graces. How, you might ask? BY GETTING MY BABY BOY, MY HUSBAND, DRIZZT DO’URDEN, AND SACRIFICING HIM. So Vierna comes up with a plan, somehow roping Entreri into this so he can get into a fight with Drizzt, and also turn Dinin into a drider. THAT’S RIGHT, SHE TURNED HER OWN BROTHER INTO A GODDAMNED DRIDER.

On the other side of the world, Wulfgar and Cattie-Brie are about to get married (hooray!) and Brueor couldn’t be happier. All except...Artemis, using the mask Drizzt used to get into Calimport, pretended to be Regis and planted some not-true memories thanks to the ruby pendant that Regis always had. He planted in Wulfgar’s head that yes, Drizzt and Cattie-Brie did meet, but...they also kissed?! The eff? And that made Drizzt and Wulfgar get into a fight for NO DAMN REASON, but at least they laughed about it. So everything was going well until they went to the Underdark and fell into a trap set up by Vierna and Artemis, and Drizzt got caught. I mean, it was one painful reunion because of Vierna slapping Drizzt and bringing up Zaknafein to hurt him (and it did).

Then Drizzt and Enteri got into a fight but they didn’t get to a conclusion, and the last fight of theirs happen on the edge of the mountain thing I believe, and Artemis fell to his “death” like I wanted, but the fool is alive, and Wulfgar didn’t make it. Thanks to a yochol eating him after he stepped in and tried to save Cattie-Brie, who nearly got eaten.

I hated the way Wulfgar had to go. I really didn’t want him to go out the way he did, and I feel like we won’t see him again in the books, though I feel like we will. But the way he went-inside the yochol’s mouth-I hated it. And Drizzt making a vow to only raise his swords in defense and had to kill if he had to, all because he broke a vow to himself that he will never kill his kind ever again. That little passage made me pause a bit and I’m kinda glad he made that vow to himself, because that shocked the hell out of me, like I was stunned about it, so very stunned.

But Vierna dying the way she did because she wanted to sacrifice Drizzt, being a power-hungry bitch, hurts, but sometimes you have to tell the people in your family bye, throw up the deuces and go live your life. I honestly liked Vierna, but then she got her powers back and tried to get Drizzt, but failed in the end.

Speaking of the end...MATRON BAENRE. THAT TWO THOUSAND YEAR OLD DARK ELF THAT SHOULD BE DEAD, BUT OH NO, SHE’S ALIVE. And she has the tooth of one Gandalug Battlehammer, AND HIS SPIRIT. Like...WHAT THE FUCKETY FUCK MY DUDE. I enjoyed all of the action, but the book broke the hell out of me and I’m sad about Wulfgar and want to send Enteri STRAIGHT TO FLORIDA WITH DIO.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment