Home

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Book Review: JoJo's Bizarre Adventures-Part One: Phantom Blood by Hirohiko Arashi

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 1—Phantom Blood, Vol. 1JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 1—Phantom Blood, Vol. 1 by Hirohiko Araki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For the longest time, I have sworn to my friends that I will never, in a million, gazillion years, that I will watch the show. In fact, I said that I hate this show with a passion...until someone told me to read the manga, to see if I like it better. So I did-after I got my vaccine, I went to Barnes and Nobles and got it. Now that I have read it...I have to say, this book is a 3.5 out of stars for me-mostly because of Dio.

Dio pretty much ruined the book for me for many reasons. He has done so much terrible shit to everyone around him-and for what? Because he's plain evil, money hungry (yes I said it, money fucking hungry, fight me) and he made Jonathan Joestar's life a living hell. I mean, this man has done so much shit throughout the book, that when it came to Jonathan's father, he poisoned him the same way he poisoned his own father. But thank god for Jonathan who found the guy and found the antidote to save his own father, even though Dio ruins his whole life because Joanthan was a sweet and kind boy.

Now here's the shocking part: I was honestly worried and sad for Jonathan Joestar. He didn't deserve what Dio did to him-all he was was a nice young man, living in a nice house with his father, had a dog that loved him back, and then here comes someone who hates you for no reason, wants to make you an outcast FOR NO REASON, and wants to make you have no friends, no girlfriends, no nothing because to them, you are beneath this person. But at LEAST Jonathan rose up from all of that and continued to do what he was supposed to do, amid all the bullshit Dio put him through.

I will be continuing to read the manga because it's actually a really good story, but I just want to kill Dio in his sleep or send him to Florida so he can fight the legendary stand....FLORIDIA MAN (joke from my friend because I was contemplating how to kill Dio.)

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment